This project is a long-term project. Developing an original musical is a long, arduous and expensive process. We need team members who have a lot of passion, commitment, loyalty, determination and patience. Your time commitment will be in surges throughout the life of the project. During the Development stage, you will be required for occasional jobs - probably one or two every three months. During the Production stage, I expect Rehearsals to take place once per fortnight, and Performances to take place once or twice per month. The most difficult part of the job will be the waiting and waiting and waiting during the Development stage, so only patient people will stick it out.
We are currently getting STAGE 1 of the project OFF THE GROUND. We are preparing to workshop the original Jazz and Swing songs that will be used in our motivational entertainment show, ‘Plan of Attack – The Feel Good Show’.
We need YOU to be part of the creative process. Each Actor will participate in two (2) filmed Song Workshops. Each Song Workshop will be 3.5 hours in duration. Contribute your knowledge, experience, ideas and opinions to breathe life into our characters and songs. The final ‘takes’ of each workshop will be published as YouTube videos.
It is hoped that our amazing YouTube videos will attract government grants, sponsors, investors and crowd funding to finance our musical arrangements, rehearsals and test-marketing performances.
It is hoped that our amazing Feel Good Show performances will attract additional funding to finance stages 2-5 of the project.
THE ‘PLAN OF ATTACK’ PROJECT:
STAGE 1: Plan of Attack – The Feel Good Show
STAGE 2: Planting Kisses – The Music Single
STAGE 3: Plan of Attack – The Album
STAGE 4: Plan of Attack – The Mini Musical
STAGE 5: Plan of Attack – The Full-Length Musical
Selection Criteria - You:
* Are a highly-skilled Vocalist or Jazz Guitarist able to learn written parts using sheet music, MIDI rehearsal tracks and rehearsals
* Have extensive performance experience and have plenty of confidence
* Have some experience with recording in a professional recording studio
* Have a genuine love for World War Two history, music and fashion
* Are prepared to work within a professional, conservative corporate culture.
* Are excited about contributing your knowledge, experience, ideas and opinions to help workshop and build (already written) original songs within a pro-innovation corporate culture.
* Have a kind, caring and compassionate heart and a genuine desire to help other people
* Are keen to travel all around Australia and the world to deliver performances (all expenses paid)
* Male Actors and Guitarists must have short hair and be clean-shaven, due to the military characters you will be portraying
* Male Actors and Guitarists must BYO neat and tidy, fitted jeans in mid to dark blue, and military-style boots in black OR business shoes in black
*Female Actors must BYO neat and tidy, fitted jeans in mid to dark blue, and stiletto high-heel shoes in black or red, or ballet flat shoes in black
1. Send us an application through StarNow.
2. We will telephone you and give you (a) our website address and (b) the Audition Registration e-mail address.
3. After you have viewed our website, if you wish to continue with your application, register for your audition via e-mail and we will send you the Audition Information Pack.
4. Send us, via e-mail, your Video Audition.
5. We will contact you with the result of your audition. If you have been successful, you will be given further instructions.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesSubmit your Expression of Interest at any time.
$50 per hour - Session Musician Fee. Minimum Call of 3 hours.
Musical Theatre Actor
Anyone, aged 18 to 60
Applications closed 1 January 2020.
Male, aged 18 to 50
- Guitar ability: Expert
Applications closed 1 January 2020.