So we’ve decided to give our members some tips on how to make the perfect self-tape to send through … and the chance to win a self-tape starter kit to help!
Here are some basic tips on how to nail a home-made self-tape, so that you don’t miss out on those roles!
- Follow the casting professional instructions & read what they ask for, as this is your first test for direction
- Your phone is perfectly fine! (Though you will also find there are free self-tape resources at your nearest equity location)
- Make sure you have good lighting (no shadows on your face, a ring-light could be a good investment for this) & clear sound (a quiet space)
- Have a plain background (remember to shut any doors, and clear any messes or distractions)
- Natural face & simple clothes (the casting professional is interested in what you really look like!)
- Avoid the selfie! Either get someone to film you, or set your camera on a stand – the frame should be upper chest to just above your head.
- Properly label what you send through: either as instructed, or with your name & the role/job you are auditioning for eg. JohnSmithStarNowTVCExtra.mp4
Hopefully this gives you the know-how to feel confident with your future self-tapes!
Don’t forget to “Apply Now” for your chance to win the StarNow Self-tape Starter Kit (A phone/camera stand & ring light worth ~$50.00)
All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Original dates (subject to change due to COVID-19)TBC
Paid - Prize to be won!
Anyone, aged 13 and over
Applications closed 23 March 2020.