So we’ve decided to give our members some tips on how to make the perfect self-tape to send through … and the chance to win a self-tape starter kit to help!
Here are some basic tips on how to nail a home-made self-tape, so that you don’t miss out on those roles!
- Follow the casting professional instructions & read what they ask for, as this is your first test for direction
- Your phone is perfectly fine! (Though you will also find there are free self-tape resources at your nearest equity location)
- Make sure you have good lighting (no shadows on your face, a ring-light could be a good investment for this) & clear sound (a quiet space)
- Have a plain background (remember to shut any doors, and clear any messes or distractions)
- Natural face & simple clothes (the casting professional is interested in what you really look like!)
- Avoid the selfie! Either get someone to film you, or set your camera on a stand – the frame should be upper chest to just above your head.
- Properly label what you send through: either as instructed, or with your name & the role/job you are auditioning for eg. JohnSmithStarNowTVCExtra.mp4
Hopefully this gives you the know-how to feel confident with your future self-tapes!
Don’t forget to “Apply Now” for your chance to win the StarNow Self-tape Starter Kit
Paid - PRIZE - Self Tape Starter Kit
The owner of this listing has agreed to abide by the UK National Minimum Wage Act. Find out more
Anyone, aged 18 and over
Applications closed 30 April 2020.