Broadcast Cam Op and Partner for Live Sports
I've been doing some live coverage of some events here and there and, as of recent, have decided to make the jump to the next level - multi-cam.
Being one person, it's kind of difficult to cam op and switch at the same time, let alone have multiple cameras to operate. I'm looking for someone to join me in seeking out low-mid tier sporting events in Melbourne and eventually mid-high tier events nationwide to either broadcast live or record and cut (we'd split the editing workload equally).
In the case of significant travel costs (interstate or overseas), those costs would be covered! (Yes, I have covered international events).
Here's exactly what/who I'm looking for:
- You have some form of interest in field sports (cricket, rugby, AFL, etc...) or a significant interest in the broadcast side of things. Personally, I've not super invested in sports, but still enough to peak interest. My main motivation is that broadcast is very appealing to me.
- You have experience operating video cameras (I use Sony cameras, so Sony experience is a big plus!). Sports experience is a huge plus (because that's what we'd mainly be doing).
- You aren't very opposed to travelling. This one is kinda important as there has been the odd job outside of Victoria, however this doesn't happen often.
- You have a basic understanding of the tech that is used for broadcast (cabling, live stream software, switching system, scene creation). Basically, if you know how to use OBS (it's free) you're good.
- You're generally just a decently nice person and easy to get along with. This is imperative.
Remember, this is not like any employment type scheme where you're required to show up, do the job, then go home. I'm looking to form a solid partnership. Together, we would go through the process of seeking events and carrying out the desired format (broadcast or record).
Paid - Dependant on Event
Ideally (but not required): - Experience with Sony video cameras - Experience in filming sports - Basic understanding of the broadcast process - Generally a nice person
Anyone, aged 18 and over
Applications closed 1 June 2019.
- Located in Victoria, Australia
- Joined May, 2018